Russell Mann is the son of Mark and Debra Mann of Henderson, Texas. He is a film, television, and commercial actor based in Dallas and Los Angeles. Art, to him, in its many forms, is the center of human existence; he believes art and life are united. Even through suffering, art is a fundamental part of the healing process. Acting is an experience of creation that can be transformative and transcendent when actors and the audience participate in exchanges of great truth. A true artist creates something truthful and useful for someone else in the present-as well as for future generations. That, to Mann, is great art. The universe is expanding with creation in many forms.
Mann believes acting is telling the truth in imaginary circumstances-not deception or avoiding getting caught in a lie. A character's story must be told in truth, or it is an abomination for everyone involved. Great truth is what we crave beneath the surface.
- Booked lead role in episode 5 of the new TV series Lone Star Justice, which aired on the Investigation Discovery Channel on July 3rd!
- Participated in stunt action seminar, earning stunt certificate under David Lea
- Continuing education in ongoing workshops at Class Act Dallas
- Attended Del Shores Workshop – Audition Intensive Master Class
- Participated in John Sudol Workship – Freeze Reaction
- Attended New Filmmakers screening event at AT&T Center downtown LA with good friend and Kentucky Derby Winner Patrick Valenzuela